Full linen care guide
We want to make sure your products last as long as they possibly can.
Linen is a durable, natural material and if cared for correctly can last years – and years.
How to wash linen
Linen items can be both hand washed and machine washed - either of these methods are fine and won’t stretch or shrink your linens. If you do experience damage during wash, it may be related to the quality of the fabric or chemicals involved.
1. Separate white, dark, and colored linens. For best results, wash separately from other fabrics.
2. Wash in lukewarm water ( 40°C/104°F). High temperatures may cause shrinkage of up to 10% and weaken the linen fiber.
3. Use the gentle machine cycle and don’t overload your washing machine.
4. Use mild detergent formulated for delicate fabrics. Don't bleach.
1. Fill a small container (bucket or sink) with lukewarm water and add about a teaspoon of mild detergent.
2. Submerge the linen garment in lukewarm water and let it soak for about 10 minutes.
3. Gently swish the item around. Don’t wring, twist or scrub as it can stretch the fabric.
4. Drain the soapy water and rinse repeatedly until the soapy residue is all gone. Hang to dry.
Tips for washing linen bedding
First, prep the laundry by turning them inside out and buttoning up all the buttons, zipping up zippers, tying up ties, etc. Then, make sure your laundry has enough space so it could rinse properly. You can wash linen bedding with other delicates, but do not mix it with heavy items like towels, denim.
Pre-washed linen items can be easily machine (tumble) dried on low heat.
Remove from the dryer when they’re still slightly damp and hang or lie flat to finish the process. Air drying is another great option that saves on electricity and adds softness to the linen items. Line-dry your items or dry them flat on a white towel.
Natural fibers like linen will wrinkle, crumple and crease, you just have to accept it. However, if you really want an item pressed, use a medium-hot iron on the fabric while it’s still damp or overlay it with a damp towel..